Q-Snap Frames
Any needlework store
  • They cost more than hoops, but they are a blessing for any needleworker

• by Rhonlynn

I do alot of needlework,and I take it very seriously. I am used to having fabric drum tight,and will go lengths to achieve this. I discovered the smaller size 6 X Q-snap frame at Hobby Lobby. I now own the 6 X 6, 12 X 12, 8 X 10, and the larger 18 X 18 inch q snap.

I also own inexpensive hoops.

Hoops are fine, but are not ergonomic. I find my hands cramp when using hoops, as opposed to the grip on the Q-snaps.

Q-snaps are adjusted by repositioning the fabric and replacing the q-snap cover. I’ve found good results by running the covers through the dishwasher. This tightens them up. Q-snaps are plastic,and very storable. I take mine apart when not in use.

• They are sold in the package, with the covers, and clear instructions on putting them together. The covers snap onto the aida cloth, and stay in the square, which is placed witht he q-snap frame under the fabric. They are warp free.

Not useful for needlepoint canvas, but I do use mine for all my other needlework. There are extensions sold to

makes the 8 X 10 inch q-snap or larger, 3 inches longer on each side. Also sold is a quilting frame. It is a plastic stand, assembled like the smaller q-snaps.

The q-snap covers are date stamped at the factory, when placed in the plastic bag, before hitting the store shelves. They cost more than hoops, but they are a blessing for any needleworker.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531304666561030/k2311a0413/4.13.09