Macbook Pro 15.4″ Penryn 2.4 GHz  » Laptops  »
  • I bought this notebook computer on the 14th of April after its release in March 2008
  • I personally chose the matte screen because I don't like seeing my reflection when I use the screen

• by Yangeli

I bought this notebook computer on the 14th of April after its release in March 2008. This revision sported a new Intel processor which is collectively called as “Penryn.” There weren’t any aesthetic changes but benchmarks posted in the internet showed that there were substantial improvements from the 2007 release.

Software As Apple Inc. ensures their Macs’ out-of-the-box usability, it comes with the Mac

OS X (10.5 Leopard) as its operating system. Also, iLife ‘08 comes with every Apple purchase (excluding the iPods.) iLife is composed of Garageband (for audio editing, music making), iPhoto (photo organizer/editor), iMovie (video editing/making) and iWeb (webpage creator). Aside from iLife, Macs also comes bundled with PhotoBooth which you can use to take pictures using the laptop, Safari which you can use ...

• to browse the internet and iTunes for song organisation.

Trackpad This revision sported the new multi-touch features of the trackpad wherein you can “pinch” to zoom in/out and three-finger swipe to skip pages.

Screen The screen is an LCD with LED backlights. You can choose a matte screen (suitable for outdoor use) and glossy screen (suitable for movie watching, photo editing). I personally chose the

matte screen because I don’t like seeing my reflection when I use the screen.

Keyboard Its keyboard comes with a backlight so it automatically turns on when it’s dark. That is possible because the laptop has an ambient light sensor (this also works for the brightness of the screen).

All in all, I am happy with my purchase. My laptop will soon turn a year older and it still feels like new.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631304666371030/k2311a0413/4.13.09