Woodwick Soy Candles
  • After reading much information while pregnant on how harmful paraffin wax candles can be to your health, but especially your baby's, I decided I must look into other avenues
  • Of course, other than the delicious smell, the vibrant light given of by the 1/2 inch wide wooden wicks makes for a great and peaceful ambiance in whatever room you place the candle
  • They're little candles, bigger than votives, I think they're 3 oz

• by jonesboysmama

After reading much information while pregnant on how harmful paraffin wax candles can be to your health, but especially your baby’s, I decided I must look into other avenues. I am a candle fanatic and at all times have half a dozen burning in my house for ambiance. These all had previously looked pretty, if not put off a pleasing scent.

While in my searches I came across Woodwick candles. Love at first sight, smell, sound, touch! These candles are pure soy and scented beautifully. You can light one and leave

the room and within five or ten minutes your entire house (open doors of course) will smell beautifully scented as you would like it! My personal favorite is the one called ‘Fireside’ which smells like a fresh wood-burning fire in your fireplace at all times and reminds me of home visits as I don’t have a fireplace. Of course, other than the delicious smell, the vibrant light given of by the 1/2 inch wide wooden wicks makes for a great and peaceful ambiance in whatever room you place the candle.

• On top of that, the sound is something unexpected but a great bonus! Since the wick is actually wood (thick as I said before), not only does the candle burn slower, last longer, but it crackles softly as it burns which gives a real fireplace feel. And, as if that’s not enough, there’s also the little known knowledge that a soy candle can be used as hand lotion in a pinch. Just rub your fingers on the top of it and use the oil to soften skin!

With all these

candles have to offer, it’s not at all hard to pay the $15-$20 price tag they come with as this is what you pay at a department store for candles that only offer a small amount of light. Oh, and they just started selling what I call ‘baby Woodwicks’! They’re little candles, bigger than votives, I think they’re 3 oz. They sell for $10 and under. If you don’t have some of these terrific finds, go to your local Hallmark or gift store and get some! You won’t regret it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121004666180230/k2311a0410/4.10.09