Blowfish “Hey Now” Boots
  • This winter, I decided I wanted a pair of boots, along the lines of Uggs but much more unique, something that stood out
  • I looked for ages and finally I found the Hey Now boots by Blowfish
  • As far as durability goes, these are definitely fashion boots

• by Fredao

This winter, I decided I wanted a pair of boots, along the lines of Uggs but much more unique, something that stood out. I looked for ages and finally I found the Hey Now boots by Blowfish. They’re knee high, come in brown and black, and are suede with a row of buttons up the side. Although they’re just a single color, they really stand out. However, my absolute favorite part is that you can roll them down, and they are fully lined

with beautiful soft purple suede. Depending on my mood I roll them down just a bit at the top, or all the way down so they come up to about midcalf. I never wear them unrolled, because I’m a large shoe size (10) and while the shoe part fits the tops of the boots are rather baggy since I have skinny legs. When I roll them down though, that’s taken care of and they look fine.

As far as durability goes, these are definitely ...

• fashion boots. I’ve worn them quite a bit throughout the fall and winter- I don’t usually wear out shoes very quickly, and these don’t really show any signs of wear besides the suede getting softer and lighter in some places. However, I can tell that if I wear them a bit more, the bottoms of the shoes are going to start separating from the soles. If you’re looking for some hardcore boots that are going to last a long time, don’t get these.
        Also, as you might imagine, they’re not waterproof and they’re pretty thin (not too warm) so I usually wore thick socks under them.

Overall, like I said, I wanted a really unique looking pair of boots, and these totally met my expectations. I really, really loved that I could roll them down different lengths and have them look totally different, and if you have smaller feet or larger legs, you would be able to wear them not rolled down perfectly fine without them looking baggy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 551004665970230/k2311a0410/4.10.09