Grand Villa Casino, Burnaby BC
4331 Dominion Street Burnaby, BC V5G 1C7
  • I wrote a review for the Great Canadian Casino and spoke of how unsatisfactory the experience was

• by MachoSasquatcho

I wrote a review for the Great Canadian Casino and spoke of how unsatisfactory the experience was. This is in great contrast to another casino about half an hour away, called the Grand Villa Casino.

When I went to the Grand Villa, I didn’t have high expectations, as I had heard from friends that it was, at best, a mediocre place. Boy, were they wrong! The slot machines were active and lively, as most are in casinos,

but the tables were also very lively, which was in contrast to many other places I’ve gone to, where the slots seem to be the main attraction.

I sat at one of the poker tables, played for 3 hours, and roughly doubled my money. The dealer seemed very friendly, and this trait of friendliness was also present in many of the other staff, whose good-natured ability to discuss things was well-utilized by me, as I always have ...

• many questions to ask when going to casinos.

The restaurant my party and I ate at was very good. I ordered some kind of salmon fillet, the exact details of which I do not remember, but it was well-priced and elegant. It tasted extremely good, and according to my friends, the food they ordered (none of which was the same as the fish I ordered) was also very good. The whole of the Grand Villa casino gives

off an air of class that isn’t present in many other Vancouver-area casinos, to my disappointment, but because this place is so classy, I will frequent it as much as I can. In addition to all of these traits I mentioned, I was also greatly pleased by the Grand Villa’s bathrooms, which seemed much cleaner and more spacious than the bathrooms in many other casinos, which just added to the air of excellence.

I suggest this place, strongly!

Janice says :

The casino is very nice - a classy place - however, their breakfast buffet could be better. I was there today, on the recommendation of a friend, and was NOT impressed by the food, and they served instant coffee YUK I would suggest partying at SCALA lounge - they have great bands there on the weekend, but the food, well that leaves something to be desired.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 481004665920130/k2311a0410/4.10.09