Book: Still Life With Crows
Books
  • I love his mannerisms and the way he speaks and how he thinks, it's just so fun to read all of his scenes
  • He makes this sound that still gives me the shivers when I think about it
  • The book scared me so much that I decided not to go to sleep for two reasons
  • I did finish around 6, when the sun was starting to come out and once I found out about the killer, I wasn't quite as scared and was able to go to sleep

• by Lauren0924
      Still Life With Crows is another book by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. The story occurs right after another book I reviewed, The Cabinet of Curiosities. In this book, we are in a sleepy little town of Kansas where 7 foot corn stalks cover the landscape.

We begin when a cop comes across an incredibly disturbing scene in the cornfield, consisting of a murdered girl, missing some facial appendages, and about 20 crows killed and stuffed on stakes surrounding the girl. What had been a quiet little town now must face the idea that a very disturbed killer walks among them.

Then we bring back our favorite special agent from the last book, Special Agent Pendergast. I love him! He is hilarious but so smart! I love his mannerisms and the way he speaks and how he thinks,

it’s just so fun to read all of his scenes.

Pendergast begins his own investigation into the crimes, telling the local law enforcement that there will be more murders and sure enough there are, each one just as disturbing, if not more so, than the last. He hires a chauffer to drive him around and also to help him investigate.

His “chauffer” is a gothic type girl named Corey who you will come to love! She’s really cool. More and more murders happen and the town is stricken by fear.

I started this book at about 11 pm and was completely sucked into it. However, I will say that this book scared the heck out of me! Whenever there were scenes describing the killer about to kill someone, it totally freaked me out.

He makes this sound that ...

• still gives me the shivers when I think about it. The book scared me so much that I decided not to go to sleep for two reasons: the first being, it was dark and the book had scared me so I knew I couldnt fall asleep and the second being that I figured if I read to the end and found about the killer, I wouldn’t be as scared.

I did finish around 6, when the sun was starting to come out and once I found out about the killer, I wasn’t quite as scared and was able to go to sleep. While this book scared me, it was reallly good! Now I’m a scaredy-cat, I hate scary movies and ghost stories and spooky tv shows or haunted houses, because they give me nightmares, so this book might

not scare you.

My boyfriend had read it and recommended I read it, and he knows me and what scares me. He didn’t find this to be scary at all, just really good.

It was just the killing scenes that creeped me out, but still a very good book! The climax is great and definately suspense filled! And the ending will shock you when youfind out who the killer is and why he did what he did. It’s definately a great book! If you have read any other books with Agent Pendergast, then you know how cool he is, so you should read this book! If you like mystery and suspense, this is definately a book for you.

You probably won’t get scared like I did and will just really enjoy it! Preston and Child have another winner on their hands!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17290666560430/k2311a0629/6.29.06