Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Card  » Finance  »
  • I did not have any bank account with Standard Chartered but I found that I was eligible for the credit card anyway
  • I have enjoyed this benefit for the last one year but recently the 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver at BPCL petrol pumps has been withdrawn effective 31st January 2009

• by dbhattji

I never believed in using credit cards and always liked to pay cash. My motto was - why pay service charge to companies when I have cash to buy, and credit cards made you spend more than you could afford. All that changed when I heard of the Standard Chartered Bank supervalue Titanium Card.

I did not have any bank account with Standard Chartered but I found that I was eligible for the credit card anyway. next cam the question of service charge - Would they charge monthly fee even if I did not use the card? The answer was No! No fees anytime, and no hidden expense ever!

I applied for the credit card and got ot within a fortnight.

It was a

mastercard. The documents that I had to submit were identity Proof with photograph, address Proof and financial proof (Salary slip or IT Return certificate) What was the advantage of having a credit card when I had the cash to pay? I was told that they give 5% Cashback on Fuel aLL fuel pumps like BPCL, IOC, HPCL and Reliance.

I have enjoyed this benefit for the last one year but recently the 2. 5% fuel surcharge waiver at BPCL petrol pumps has been withdrawn effective 31st January 2009.

Other benefits that have enjoyed this last year are 5% cashback on my telecom Bills BSNL although these facilities are available for other service providers also such as Vodafone, Airtel, MTNL , Reliance and TATA Indicom.

• I also get 1% cashback on everything else, I accumulate points and redeem them for gift vouchers which can be used for free shopping at variety of stores like Big Bazzar.

I find it very easy to pay the credit card bills by dropping off the cheque at any outlet but there are other ways of paying as well - through visa card or electronic transfer. I get the credit card statement on my mobile phone, email as well through a letter, and even the notification of payment is sent through SMS.

For those who like to pay in installments, there is a minimum payment and an interest rate of 3. 1% and a late fee of INR.

100. I am not bothered about

that because I use the credit card for it’s convenience and the cashback.

I have a maximum spend value of INR 50,000 per month but it can be reduced if we want to control our spending. It is great for emergencies and while traveling when we come across unexpected expenses.

I am writing this review not for those who use credit cards but for the skeptics like me who do not trust the credit card companies. Up till now, I have never paid anything more than my actual bills, on the contrary - I have enjoyed the discounts, cashback and the security of carrying a card instead of cash while traveling.

So it is worth having at least one credit card for emergencies and which better than Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Card.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 42804664940230/k2311a048/4.8.09