Bones : The Doctor in the Den  » TV  »
  • More importantly, I enjoyed how the victim wasn't really all that innocent himself
  • I think I would watch it again if they show it in a re-run

• by Steve

Synopsis: Human remains found half eaten by a tiger belong to Cam’s former fiancé and Brennan and Booth need to find out who murdered him.

What I liked about this episode: It was good seeing someone other than Brennan investigating a case; though I’m not a huge fan of Cam. Even though there really wasn’t much in terms of lab work in this episode, I did actually enjoy the case.

First of all, you have the emotional attachment

from Cam and the victim’s daughter, who she raised for two years. More importantly, I enjoyed how the victim wasn’t really all that innocent himself. He was a womanizer (which is pretty much excused because he was in love with his deceased wife and could never forget her) so you don’t know if the killer is an ex-lover or an ex-lover’s husband. There’s also the possibility the murderer is a patient of his because he’s been ...

• hiding arthritis in his hands and he’s a surgeon.

And, even though I’m not normally a fan of things like this on a show of this nature, I did like the side story involving Angela and, because she is trying to remain celibate, her ready to jump pretty much anyone she can get her hands on. It provided quite a few funny moments in what could have been a very depressing episode.

What I didn’t like about this

episode: Like I said before, I’m not a big fan of Cam and really didn’t like her in this episode either. The ending, where she ends up having the victim’s daughter live with her was very predictable. In fact, I predicted it 10 minutes into the episode.

Final opinion: I still prefer the earlier episodes of this show but will admit this one wasn’t too bad. I think I would watch it again if they show it in a re-run.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10704664411230/k2311a047/4.7.09