Dunn’s River Falls Ocho Rios Jamaica  » Travel  »
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
  • My family and I decided to take this shore excursion
  • I mean I don't think they know what brakes are and also we were passing people up on curves of mountains

• by Lauren0924
      A few years ago I went on a cruise that took us to Jamaica. The port of call we docked at was actually Montego Bay, but one of the excursions was to visit Ocho Rios, Jamaica and go to Dunn’s River Falls.

My family and I decided to take this shore excursion.

Ocho Rios is about, if I remember correctly, 1-2 hours away from Montego Bay, so we had to take a bus.

Let me just say that that was probably one of the scariest things in my

life.

Drivers in Jamaica are crazy! Our guide just told us to put our hand over our heart and say “no worries man”.

I mean I don’t think they know what brakes are and also we were passing people up on curves of mountains! It was definately scary and then what added to that were these signs that were posted that said the number of deaths on that road.

Very comforting.

But anyways, once we arrived safe and sound in Ocho Rios and went to Dunn’s River Falls,

• we had a blast.

Dunn’s River Falls is basically a waterfall where water rushes down about 600 feet.

What you do, is you climb up it! It’s so fun! You get to climb up this waterfall (it’s not like your average waterfall, its more slanted) and you are surrounded by water the whole time.

Some parts are real easy to climb and then there are fun pools you can stop and play in or go under little waterfalls.

Other parts are harder and more slippery and thats when

everyone (yes everyone) joins hands and climbs.

It’s a ton of fun and its so incredibly pretty up there! The waterfall empties directly into the Carribbean which is also neat.

I loved this part of the cruise (aside from the terrifying bus ride) and had so much fun climbing the waterfall! If you are on a cruise that goes to Jamaica or just in Jamaica, then definately head over to Ocho Rios (drive yourself if possible! haha) and climb Dunn’s River Falls.

You will have so much fun!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38280666440330/k2311a0628/6.28.06