InterContinental Hotel Singapore  » Hotels  »
80 Middle Rd, Singapore 188966, Singapore
  • I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Intercontinental
  • Having stayed here I actually found the location of this hotel was still convenient in proximity to Orchard road as Taxis are relatively easy to find
  • If you love to be pampered and a value for money experience, I recommend you do just that
  • You will have access to the executive lounge where you can enjoy a delicious hot breakfast in the morning and then drinks and delectable snacks i the evening

• by ella

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Intercontinental. I was a little hesitant at first because the Hotel Intercontinental is not quite as centrally located as many of the other of the other hotels I looked at. While alot of the hotels I looked at were located in the main shopping district, Orchard Rd, this one is about 8 minutes away by Taxi and about 20 minutes away by train.

Having stayed here I actually found the location of this hotel was still convenient in proximity to Orchard road as Taxis are relatively easy to find. The train station is connected to the mall to which The Intercontinental is attached to, so that

is also within easy access of the hote.

The immediate proximity is great. There is a major mall right by this hotel. While the shops mainly cater to teenagers, there’s lots to see and do here. There are some older buildings, and a bazaar type market that are unique. There are also tonnes of restaurants in the area as well as plenty of local shopping. Take note of the design of Bugis Junction as well. They encased the “street stall” area so the courtyard is art conditioned. Very cool!

The service here is 5 star. Expect warm smiles, and attentive service.

We weren’t left wanting at all, all the staff were so friendly and very happy to ...

• help! The hotel is super ( 5 star ) clean as well. The hallways, corridors and lobby area were very grand and the setting allows for a very luxurious ambience. I was very impressed.

The hotel itself is very pretty, as are the facilities. The rooms are gorgeous and the bathrooms have marble flooring. The pool area is fantastic. The gym was a little smaller than what i had expected but still good equipment and served me well. ( It was free to use as well which i thoroughly appreciate )

You can upgrade your room ‘package’ to include access to the executive lounge. If you love to be pampered and a value for money

experience, I recommend you do just that. You will have access to the executive lounge where you can enjoy a delicious hot breakfast in the morning and then drinks and delectable snacks i the evening.

Being Singapore, the entire city is incredibly secure, even so you will feel very sage within the confines of this hotel. The security is top notch.

If you book online you can usually snap up huge discounts ( I booked my room for $100 in January- not bad for a 5 star hotel )

Overall, great place to stay in Singapore. Great value for money, Fabulous reception, wonderful stay - I’ll miss it!

I highly recommend this hotel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2704664381230/k2311a047/4.7.09