HP Pavilion ze4900
  • Programs I use the most are Microsoft Word (I have Windows XP, and MS Office came with it when I bought my computer), iTunes, Windows Media Player, AOL Messenger, Mozilla Firefox and Outlook
  • Really, it's amazing how many people don't make regular back-ups
  • I think, since I paid for this dvd drive, I should be able to change the area code at any time
  • Another thing I don't like is that the battery doesn't really last - only for three hours

• by travelingwriter
      I have a HP Pavilion ze4900 notebook. I bought it in September, 2004. It was my first notebook and I absolutely love it.

I travel all the time, and I take my laptop with me wherever I go. Programs I use the most are Microsoft Word (I have Windows XP, and MS Office came with it when I bought my computer), iTunes, Windows Media Player, AOL Messenger, Mozilla Firefox and Outlook.

I have no

games installed on my computer. I really love my Windows XP.

It runs great on this computer. As of yet, it has never crashed and I hope it never will! I have a 40 G hard drive and that’s enough for me.

I never download movies, games or other crazy stuff. I do have a proper virus scanner and firewall installed, and my computer is totally clean.

The HP Pavilion ze4900 doesn’t come with ...

• a so-called A drive. You will need cd r’s or cd rw’s to store your files.

Of course, you can save them on the c drive, but I would say it’s smart to make a back-up. Just in case! Really, it’s amazing how many people don’t make regular back-ups!

I sometimes use my laptop to watch dvd’s.

I have 3 dvd players installed and they’re really amazing, completely with Dolby Surround etc. The only

thing I really don’t like (this applies to all computers) is that I can’t change the region code of my dvd player.

It’s locked. Even if I would reinstall Windows, I still wouldn’t be able to change the area code.

I think, since I paid for this dvd drive, I should be able to change the area code at any time. Another thing I don’t like is that the battery doesn’t really last - only for three hours!

A Dutta says :

Can you tell me the price of a 2nd hand HP Pavilion ze4900 , 3 years old.

Jules Li says :

There are a lot of factors that can determine the price including features and condition. There’s also no set price that it has to be sold for. The market essentially determines the price. The best way to find out is to check the prices that they are being sold for online. Many used HP Ze4900 models are sold in the range of 75-150 dollars via ebay and other online sources.

A Dutta says :

can you tell me what should be the price of a second hand HP Pavilion ZE4900, its three years old.

Nitesh Mainaly says :

Considering that the specs are extremely outdated, I would say you could only get between $ 80-$ 200 for it.

madelle says :

can hp pavilion ze4900 be converted to a newer model of any hp laptop?

Jules Li says :

I don’t understand exactly what you mean by converting it to a newer model. You can upgrade things such as the memory and hard drive. However, the motherboard is the core part and it’s usually what distinguishes one model from another. The motherboard is not upgrade-able.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 63270666420530/k2311a0627/6.27.06