My Bloody Valentine 3D  » Movies  »
  • The 3D format really elevated this film beyond its average appeal for me and I don't think I would ever watch it again without that gimmick in place

• by EJ

Yet another summer horror flick from Lionsgate studios, ‘My Bloody Valentine’ is given the increasingly popular 3D treatment, and it works beautifully. The only drawback is that much of the film takes place in dark underground mining shafts and eerie wooded areas at night, which makes it difficult at times to see what’s going on.

The film is gruesome and clever in its use

of the 3D format to showcase each kill carried out by the deranged stalker Harry Warden. You feel like you’re right in the room as he swings his pickaxe or any other available weapon to dispose of his terrified victims in increasingly horrific ways. The film pulls no punches and rightly deserves its R rating, so be warned.

The story is mildly clever and ...

• should keep you guessing right until the end, though most people will see the twist coming a mile away if you really pay attention. Jenson Ackles of ‘Supernatural’ fame makes his leading man film debut as anti-hero Tom Hanniger, and the rest of the cast do a fine job as well, though nothing special acting-wise is to be found here.

The 3D format really

elevated this film beyond its average appeal for me and I don’t think I would ever watch it again without that gimmick in place. It should appeal more to die-hard horror fans and fans of films such as the ‘Scream’ franchise or the original ‘My Bloody Valentine’. For everyone else, it’s a fun way to spend an afternoon, but if you cant see it in 3D, don’t bother.

My Bloody Valentine 3D

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11604664060630/k2311a046/4.6.09