NASCAR - yellow flag laps
2.0
  • However, what I have problems with is that these laps under yellow count as official laps

• by Orrymain

I follow NASCAR pretty closely these days and have been the last few years. I watched it as a child, too, but left the sport behind into becoming hooked again circa 2005. The one thing that has bugged me, probably more than anything else, since that time is the number of caution laps that eat away at the quality of a race.

I’ve seen races where the yellow flag was out half

of the race. It’s ridiculous. It’s not that I mind the cautions. When there is a wreck or debris on the track, the caution should be called. However, what I have problems with is that these laps under yellow count as official laps. Thus, if there are 50 yellow flag laps in a 200 lap race, that means there’s really only 150 laps of action.

Why on earth do these ...

• endless circles around the track count towards the race? They shouldn’t. I want to see the drivers racing for the win, not following one another as the leader playfully taps the pace car, something drivers like Tony Stewart often like to do, probably to stop themselves from being bored.

NASCAR claims they want to give the fans the race they deserve. Then give it to us. If a race is

500 laps, I want to see racers racing for 500 laps. There are too many ‘what if’s’ that enter the mix when a race is put on hold for a third of it. It’s just not fair, nor is it exciting.

I’m very much against yellow flag laps counting towards the total laps of a race. Bring back the excitement, and let’s see the full race that we are entitled to!

Marshall Miller says :

I agree completely on the Nascar Yellow Flag laps. They should never be counted as official lap`s. The Fans pay good money to see a race - not dozen`s of yellow flag lap`s eating up the race. Dirt track racing doesn`t count yellow flag`s as lap`s. Nascar is cheating the fan`s and has done so for a long, long time. It`s all about their time schedule and money - right

Orrymain replies :

Thank you for the comment. I remember one race last season that had a caution every 10 laps or so. It was the most ridiculous thing I`d ever seen. NASCAR says they want to make the sport more exciting well, one way to do that is to give us the full race

redranger43 says :

why do caution laps count in a race,to me all it does is shorten the race

Jules Li says :

The purpose is to shorten the race. If they didn’t count many races would be extremely long.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 35604663560230/k2311a046/4.6.09