Nabisco Chips Ahoy Cookies  » Food  »
  • We all enjoyed a good chocolate chip cookie, and I especially loved them

• by Orrymain

One of the snacks that was routinely in my house as a child and young adult was Nabisco Chips Ahoy Cookies. It was a preferred treat by the entire family. We all enjoyed a good chocolate chip cookie, and I especially loved them. Chips Ahoy were great to eat.

Actually, what I used to do as a kid

is break the cookies and gather up the chocolate chips. There were always lots of chips in these treats, so I could never get all of them. This meant that I was not only eating my cookie snack, but also was able to top it off with a chocolate-chip fest from all the chips I’d removed. It wasn’t hard, and it was just something I loved to do.

Nabisco Chips Ahoy Cookies were around my home for years and years. There came a point, though, where the cookies seemed to be extra hard. I don’t know if this is from over baking or what, but there were times when they had a burnt taste to them.

• Nabisco Chips Ahoy Cookies
      Once or twice we could ignore, but it began to happen a bit too often and then we started experimenting with other brands that were more reliable and steady, like Mother’s Chocolate Chip Cookies.

The Nabisco chippers came in a distinctive blue-colored package. What I liked about this is that the package had little white end flaps that could

be used to keep the cookies fresh inside. I loved that and that’s another reason why we purchased these as often as we did.

While I don’t buy Nabisco Chips Ahoy Cookies very often anymore, they are a good, medium-level chocolate chip cookie. They aren’t one of the premium brands, but they provide a fairly consistent and decently priced cookie.

Pat Perry says :

Hi, What happened to Chunky Chips Ahoy, made with peanut butter? I was hooked on those. It is just my Fiance here and while he at work, the cookies are just sitting there, and he is not there to protect them BUT about a month ago we scoured about 2 dozen stores and can find no reason why they have no Chunky Chips Ahoy made with real peanut butter. Will someone please give us an answer???? Sincerely, Pat Perry

Christy says :

I JUST SENT THIS OUT TO EVERYONE I KNOW AND THOUGHT YOU MAY WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS ALSO……….. I am so grossed out and sick I went shopping at my favorite store Wal-Mart. I was walking near the cookies. I noticed a Lady standing there with a crying baby in her buggy baby about 2 1 2 She then grabs a bag of blue Chip ahoy cookies, easy open top Peels the package open gets 2 cookies out and hands it to her baby The baby is by this time yelling for the red ones…… She opens the blue package up and puts the cookies back in the pack that her and the child has touched and gets the red package and gives the kid 2 out of this package She puts both packs back on the shelf and walks away….. I went find a manager and reported what I just witnessed….. DISGUSTING HELLO NASSSTTY EWWWW NO MORE EASY OPEN PACKS OF COOKIES WILL EVER COME IN THIS HOUSE

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27604663250130/k2311a046/4.6.09