Lays Original Regular Baked Potato Chips  » Food  »
2.5
  • If Lays Original Regular Baked Potato Chips had some zip to it, something to spice it up, I might like it better, but when I eat them, I think, 'What's the point
  • It's just a waste of money, in my opinion

• by Orrymain

In the quest for healthier snack foods, many companies have created new variations of their traditional more unhealthy food products. Such is the case with Lays which came out with a baked potato chip line several years back. I really wanted to like the Lays Original Regular Baked Potato Chips, but I guess I’m too much of a fan of the unhealthy, saltier chips.

These naturally baked chips have no

cholesterol or trans fat, neither are they made with any preservatives. They are made with Dehydrated Potatoes, Modified Food Starch, Sugar, Corn Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Leavening (Monocalcium Phosphate and Sodium Bicarbonate), and Dextrose. While these lead to smarter eating choices, I just don’t like the flatness of a baked chip, and that’s what they are — flat.

If Lays Original Regular Baked Potato Chips had some zip to it,

• something to spice it up, I might like it better, but when I eat them, I think, ‘What’s the point?’ They just sit on my taste buds, boring them and making them go, ‘ugh’. If I’m going to snack, I want to enjoy it, and I don’t enjoy baked chips at all.

My sister buys Lays Original Regular Baked Potato Chips regularly. She’s much more of a healthy-choice eater

than I am. Sometimes we’ll barbecue and she’ll bring these over, but when she leaves the leftovers, most of the time, they end up trashed. It’s just a waste of money, in my opinion. I’d rather ration what I eat of the unhealthy stuff than eat and not enjoy the baked chips that leave me cold.

Lays Original Regular Baked Potato Chips are not for me. Give me salt!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27604663180130/k2311a046/4.6.09