MacGyver: The Spoilers  » TV  »
2.5
  • There is nothing entertaining in that for me, happy endings or not

• by Orrymain

Season three was not the year for me to be watching MacGyver. Right now I’m not sure if I watched all of these or not because I’m just way too animal sensitive to watch shows where animals are killed. I cry and get too depressed. Kill the people, but leave the doggies alone. In the case of The Spoilers, idiots are pouring toxins into a river and a man’s dog dies as a result. I

don’t want to see dead dogs for entertainment. There is nothing entertaining in that for me, happy endings or not. I remember thinking that MacGyver became a very ‘message’ type of show. I have no problems with that. I applaud what Richard Dean Anderson was doing, and this is clearly his influence on the show that resulted in the preponderance of environmental type of episodes throughout the course of the series. It’s just, I can’t ...

• watch it. It’s way too hard for me emotionally.

I hope that MacGyver: The Spoilers touched someone and achieved its goal. I’m pretty sure I skipped this episode and others like it that I’m now watching on DVD as I do these reviews. That’s why some of these seem new to me; I saw the previews and knew I wouldn’t want to watch. I just can’t stand it.

Randall ‘Tex’ Cobb is the mountain main whose dog was

killed. What I remember most about Cobb is that in a film called Uncommon Valor, he played a soldier opposite Patrick Swayze. The two characters got into a fight and Swayze said after the filming that Cobb practically killed him because Cobb didn’t know how to stunt fight.

Eventually, the mountain man agrees to help Mac and they go after the toxin idiots. In the end, Mac surprises his new friend with a new dog, so it has a sweet ending.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10604663010130/k2311a046/4.6.09