T in the park music festival
Balado, Scotland
  • But its definitely a ride for the nicer weather, its quite breezy up there
  • The standard of bands all weekend was amazing, I've been to festivals before but nothing compared to the joy of watching one great band followed by another great band for a whole weekend in the sunshine
  • Over a third of the tickets were released early, I think to take some of the pressure off the booking office once the full line up was announced
  • Unfortunately I didn't get my early bird ticket this year so I'll need to be first in the queue next year to secure my pitch

• by Sandie
      This year was the T in the park music festivals 12 year and by far the most succesful to date. The festival took place on the weekend of 9th - 10th July although a lot of campers (including myself) arrived on Friday 8th to get our tents pitched and start the weekend. On the Friday night the Beat 106 (local radio station) bus is there, Jam packed full of people dancing to good dance music and generally having fun.

The festival kicks off around midday on Saturday with a few little known bands appearing on various stages around the arena, the stages include the Main stage, the NME stage, the Slam tent for dance fans, King Tut’s wah wah Hut for up and coming bands, plus many more. As is usual with

festivals the toilets don’t stay immaculate for long but the facilities are as good as any I’ve seen at any festival.

There is an abundance of stalls which sell anything from food & drink to band merchandise and herbal drugs for the more adventureous. There is also some funfair rides and a ‘big wheel’ which allows a great panoramic view over the full arena, its only up there that you get the reality of how many people are in attendance.

But its definitely a ride for the nicer weather, its quite breezy up there. Saturdays line up included Joss Stone, Audioslave, Embrace, The Killers, and The Foo fighters.

All of these bands performed amazingly in the surprisingly warm 28 degree heat. Sundays line up consisted of James Brown, Queens of the Stone ...

• age, Green Day, Travis, Jimmy Eat World and loads more.

The standard of bands all weekend was amazing, I’ve been to festivals before but nothing compared to the joy of watching one great band followed by another great band for a whole weekend in the sunshine. The only worry of the whole weekend was the heat, It doesn’t normally reach the high 20’s in Scotland and I hadn’t prepared for it at all, I had no sun block but thankfully there was first aid tents all over the arena and sun block was being handed out freely to anyone who wanted it along with some cold water.

The ticket price was £90 for the weekend pass including camping, I felt this price to be slightly high at the time of purchase but

once I seen the amount of organisation and work involved in making a festival this size work I could appreciate that someone has to fund it, and clearly i wasn’t alone. Over a third of the tickets were released early, I think to take some of the pressure off the booking office once the full line up was announced.

All the early bird tickets sold without delay and when the line up was announced and the remaining 40,000 tickts were up for sale they were sold within 5 days!! A record for T in the park and one that they will be hoping to beat next year. Unfortunately I didn’t get my early bird ticket this year so I’ll need to be first in the queue next year to secure my pitch.

I can’t wait.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1425096630530/k2311a0925/9.25.05