MacGyver: Eagles  » TV  »
  • The problem was, I'm such an animal lover that I can't stand to watch these shows
  • I know I watched the show as a child, but I can't now

• by Orrymain

Episodes like the Eagles episodes of MacGyver are very hard for me to watch. Like Michael Landon, Richard Dean Anderson believes in supporting animal life. He’s big into that. He works actively on various causes to help maintain nature. It’s one of the wonderful things about Anderson. What it means, though, is that on MacGyver, they began to do shows to help get the message across. Landon did the same thing on Highway to Heaven, another show that I just adored. The problem was, I’m such an animal lover that I can’t stand to watch these shows. I cry

like the dickens. Telling myself it’s not real does not help.

Call me a lunatic, but I cry at the opening them to Lassie. I know I watched the show as a child, but I can’t now. I’m intellectually aware that at the end of thirty minutes, Lassie will be fine, but it’s the trauma between the opening credits and the end theme that I can’t stand.

So, here’s the first Richard Dean Anderson-influenced animal/environment episode of MacGyver, and it’s about eagles — beautiful, majestic eagles. We have the evil hunters, who I hate to the ends of the earth, even though they’re just actors.

• I don’t know how they pulled off the shots, but it just doesn’t help to know that somehow or another, none of the bad stuff happened, except of course for the nature footage that opens the story and shows the eagle picking up a rabbit or something for dinner. Honestly, I didn’t look. I knew it was coming and turned away. Nature’s balance or not, I can’t watch it.

So, like I said, it’s hard for me to watch this Eagles episode. There are two eagles involved in this story. One was shot with an arrow and the other bumped into the

span of the helicopter. I know one lives; don’t recall about the other as I’m writing this. I just hate thinking about this and I don’t really want to watch it. I’m already an animal lover, so I don’t need to hear the message.

There is beautiful scenery here, and Mac is para-gliding through the beautiful skies, so that’s neat to watch. Seeing him fly with the eagles was fun. The rock climbing scenes are incredible, too. It’s just the rest of it I don’t want to see.

The rating is for the eagles, nature’s beauty, and the good cause and message this show represents.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10604662361230/k2311a046/4.6.09