MacGyver: The Escape  » TV  »
  • The funny thing for me is that I prefer him with the hair that he began the series with

• by Orrymain

The first thing I noticed about MacGyver: The Escape, which is the twentieth episode of the first season is that we’re heading towards the infamous mullet hairdo. Richard Dean Anderson’s hair is dramatically longer here than in the previous episode, so there clearly was no visit to the barber that week. It’s possible he’d been letting it grow for a few weeks and this is the week when it really stood out. The funny thing for me is that I prefer him

with the hair that he began the series with. I never liked the mullet or the longer hair at all. He’s a handsome man, and all that hair just took away from that.

As for the show, Mac is instantly attracted to Sara Ashford (Kristina Wayborn) and agrees to help rescue her brother, Brian, who has been imprisoned in a North African jail. The brother is played by the magnificent John DeLancie, who Anderson teams up with in his next TV series, Legend.

• MacGyver: The Escape was the highest rated episode of the first season for the series. I’m guessing De Lancie had something to do with that. He had been playing the extremely popular Eugene on Days of Our Lives for four years. This episode of MacGyver came at the end of that run, so I’m pretty certain a lot of Days fans tuned it in, even if they didn’t normally watch MacGyver.

There’s one very crazy line in this episode — “Fuad, you

are one miserable son of a diseased camel.” It’s a quirky line, but I’m not really sure it fits the MacGyver character. I have to wonder who tossed that line in there. It’s very weird.

As for the rest of the story, there are a few twists, and all is not what it seems. Wayborn is stiff, like a robot who is having her jaw moved in order to speak. Still, it’s a good show. Just watching De Lancie is worth it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10504662151130/k2311a045/4.5.09