Jack in the Box  » Restaurants  »
1661 Watt Ave. Sacramento, CA
  • I believe it had something to do with one of the promotions being offered, and they wouldn't honor it, or something in that vein
  • I was happy with the taste and quantity provided
  • I ordered a root beer, which was the Barq's brand, so it definitely was good
  • In fact, I don't think I've ever seen that much mustard put on a hamburger before, even a double decker like this one
  • There are other locations that are equally convenient that I'd probably go to, but this was a decent experience, and my problem with them was never about the food

• by Orrymain

There have been times over the years when I’ve frequented this Jack in the Box quite a lot. They had good food and some nice workers. Then there was a bit of a dispute, and I basically stopped going. I’m just one of those folks that if I feel cheated in some way, I take my business elsewhere. I don’t recall the specifics, to be honest. I believe it had something to do with one of the promotions being offered, and they wouldn’t honor it, or something in that vein. I went from patronizing this particular Jack in the Box four or five times (oftentimes in the morning for breakfast) a week to zip, zilch, none, with a minimal number

of exceptions.

Today was one of the few times I’ve gone back since then. I wanted to compare their bacon cheeseburger today to some of their competitors. I actually started out by ordering the hamburger deluxe on the value meal and adding bacon and cheese to it; but, by the time I added French fries and a drink to the order, it was going to cost $5.79. For ninety-cents more, I could get the big burger, so I changed over to the Bacon Ultimate Burger.

The gal was very nice and helpful, and the service was quick. The drive through here is easy to use. The Jack in the Box is on the corner of a busy interaction, and while it has a ...

• couple of different entrances, it can be tricky, if you aren’t paying attention.

The fries were good. They’re more of a old fashioned style than you get at more fast food places. I was happy with the taste and quantity provided. I ordered a root beer, which was the Barq’s brand, so it definitely was good. The burger was two big patties, lots of bacon, a couple of slices of cheese, and then ketchup and mustard. My biggest complaint is the gobs of mustard that was put on it. I’m not a fan of mustard and I wish I’d thought to ask what was on the burger before ordering, or I would have requested it without it. It was just

way too much. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that much mustard put on a hamburger before, even a double decker like this one.

The burger wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t my favorite, either. It could have been a bit more tender. I also noticed that the burger didn’t come with any other toppings — no lettuce, onion, pickle, or tomato. Personally, that’s fine for me, but I was a little surprised.

Overall, not bad. I doubt I start frequenting Jack in the Box like I used to. There are other locations that are equally convenient that I’d probably go to, but this was a decent experience, and my problem with them was never about the food; it was business practices.

Jack in the Box

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7504662031130/k2311a045/4.5.09