McDonald’s Sacramento, CA  » Restaurants  »
4121 Marconi Ave, Sacramento, CA
  • Yes, I used to go all the time, but I became disenchanted with one of the local owners a few years ago who was engaged in some unfair business practices in my opinion
  • Oddly, at first I thought the place was just jam packed because when I first pulled in there were four vehicles on this side of the drive
  • I have to admit being disappointed that McDonald's still doesn't offer any kind of bacon burger
  • McDonald's is a 'coke' outfit, and I hate coke, and they don't have root beer, so I had to go with Sprite, which I like, even if it's not my first choice
  • The drive through was a smooth experience

• by Orrymain

To be perfectly honest, I’ve steered clear of McDonald’s for a very long time. Yes, I used to go all the time, but I became disenchanted with one of the local owners a few years ago who was engaged in some unfair business practices in my opinion. Today, though, I went to a McDonald’s in another area on a whim. I wanted to see how they operated, what was on the menu, and try out one of those mini-meals that I keep hearing about. Money is super tight, so I was very curious about those.

This particular McDonald’s has a lot of room for its drive-through, which is how I chose to patronize it.

Oddly, at first I thought the place was just jam packed because when I first pulled in there were four vehicles on this side of the drive. I knew the other side was huge and thought there must be just a tremendous number of people there. I was wrong. In reality, there weren’t any other cars. Somehow or another, there was a backup at the ordering window.

It remained that way through my turn to order. I could never figure out why that was, but it’s not really a big deal. The order taker was polite enough. I had to review the menu, and he was patient and answered a couple of ...

• questions for me. I have to admit being disappointed that McDonald’s still doesn’t offer any kind of bacon burger. I ended up ordering the cheeseburger mini-meal. My total was $3.22.

For that, I received a double cheeseburger, fries, and a small drink. In this case, I ordered a Sprite. McDonald’s is a ‘coke’ outfit, and I hate coke, and they don’t have root beer, so I had to go with Sprite, which I like, even if it’s not my first choice.

The Sprite was fine. There was a good mix of the drink and ice (sometimes you get more ice than drink). I thought the fries were nice and big for the price.

I was very pleased with the number of fries I was given. The double cheeseburger had two hamburger patties, two pieces of cheese, ketchup, mustard, and a pickle, along with slivers of onion. Actually, for the price, it was a good size hamburger. My only problem with it is that it was a little dry. I like juicier, more tender burgers.. This one was probably sitting around a while.

Overall, the food was acceptable, and for $3.22, I’m happy with the proportions that this mini-meal gave me. The drive through was a smooth experience. I was given a receipt that was readable, and the employees were courteous. I may go back to this McDonald’s again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7504662011130/k2311a045/4.5.09