Aunt Jemima Pancakes and Sausage Breakfast  » Food  »
2.5
  • These aren't the best tasting sausages, however
  • It's easy to prepare and convenient, but the cooking issue is a big problem
  • When it works, it's great, but it's such a gamble that I prefer to spend my money on other things now

• by Orrymain

Aunt Jemima Pancakes and Sausage Breakfast is a breakfast I eat from time to time. Aunt Jemima makes a few different varieties, and while they aren’t as premium as some of their competitors, like the Jimmy Dean offerings, they are often satisfying and good tasting.

I do like Aunt Jemima Pancakes and Sausage Breakfast, or I wouldn’t buy it, but i have to admit that the pancakes are a hit and miss

thing for me. I’ve tried all kinds of variations in the cooking, but I can’t figure out a consistent way of getting the pancakes to cook evenly. Sometimes the top one will be good and the middle, but the bottom one is horrid. Sometimes all three in the center are great, but the edges are bad. I just can’t get it to be the same way twice, and ...

• it’s very frustrating.

The sausages are always fine. They’re two of those provided, and they cook evenly every time. These aren’t the best tasting sausages, however. They’re what I what term as passable, but they aren’t anything I would buy for themselves.

The three pancakes are the reason to buy the meal. When I can get them to cook right, they taste great.

My only other complaint is that the syrup

provided is cold and can’t be heated. I like a syrup that is warmed up.

So, I’m mixed on this. It’s easy to prepare and convenient, but the cooking issue is a big problem. I’ve greatly reduced how often I buy Aunt Jemima Pancakes and Sausage Breakfast because of this. When it works, it’s great, but it’s such a gamble that I prefer to spend my money on other things now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27504661891130/k2311a045/4.5.09