Mug Root Beer  » Food  »
2.5
  • My favorite was one called Hires, which I suppose went out of business since it just disappeared one day
  • Today, I view it as more of a third-rate soda, however, especially when there are premium root beers out there like Stewarts and Barq's
  • Taste-wise, I don't really believe anything about Mug Root Beer stands out as being particularly wonderful, but at the same time, it doesn't have any big negatives either

• by Orrymain

Growing up, there were really just a few root beers on the market. My favorite was one called Hires, which I suppose went out of business since it just disappeared one day. One of its main competitors was Mug Root Beer, which is still out there and readily available for purchase.

My family bought Mug

Root Beer frequently. We liked it. Today, I view it as more of a third-rate soda, however, especially when there are premium root beers out there like Stewarts and Barq’s. Still, of the middle class or average type of sodas, Mug Root Beer is right in there.

Taste-wise, I don’t really believe anything about ...

• Mug Root Beer stands out as being particularly wonderful, but at the same time, it doesn’t have any big negatives either. It’s an average root beer that makes for an okay drink. As beverages go, there are a lot worse.

This product does contain a warning with it in that it contains Phenylalanine which can

be harmful to those with ADD/ADHD. This is the first time I’ve seen that warning, but apparently that would go with any food/beverage that contains aspartame as Mug Root Beer does.

Quite honestly, I purchase other root beers now. Mug Root Beer would be one of my last choices when selecting a root beer to drink.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27504661821130/k2311a045/4.5.09