Legend: Skeletons in the Closet  » TV  »
  • In my opinion, the show never really found itself
  • Time -- that's what I think Legend needed, to figure out their answers, and unfortunately UPN didn't give them the time they needed
  • I liked it, though, even if it wasn't the best TV out there

• by Orrymain

Legend: Skeletons in the Closet is a sort of odd ending to the entire Legend series, which only survived for these twelve episodes. In my opinion, the show never really found itself. Some shows focused so much on Nicodemus Legend persona being an unwilling hero, but heroic nevertheless. Some shows focused on the place where Ernest Pratt resided (Sheridan, Colorado), and others had both Pratt and partner Janos Bartok traveling.

I’m not sure if the show knew if

it wanted to be an action adventure with Legend saving the day every week, or if it wanted to be a futuristic western, showing off all of Bartok’s fancy inventions, or if it wanted to be a comedic drama. I liked the bits when Pratt was trying to envision what his alter ego was going to do in one of his dime novels, but they only did that in a couple of episodes.

Time — that’s what I think Legend ...

• needed, to figure out their answers, and unfortunately UPN didn’t give them the time they needed.

This final episode focuses a bit more on one of the minor characters, Ramos. I wasn’t terribly drawn into his portion of it. I’m watching to see the stars — Richard Dean Anderson and John DeLancie. They’re there to come to the rescue, and there’s some good stuff, but there’s just a tad too much of the Ramos story for me.

Oddly, the

last scene of Legend: Skeletons in the Closet feels like a last scene. Pratt and Bartok are in front of an incredible, majestic sunset talking about how Pratt’s writing is better now. The reality is, Pratt’s life is better now.

It’s too bad there was never more, but I suppose fans just weren’t ready for MacGyver to have cut off the mullet in favor of a busy mustache. I liked it, though, even if it wasn’t the best TV out there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10504661601030/k2311a045/4.5.09