Mother’s Chocolate Chip Angel Cookies  » Food  »
  • They're called Mother's Chocolate Chip Angel Cookies, and boy do I love them

• by Orrymain

One of my very favorite chocolate chip cookies are from the Mother’s label. They’re called Mother’s Chocolate Chip Angel Cookies, and boy do I love them!

These are square cookies, probably something like two inches by two inches. They’re made of shortbread with chocolate and they have a more powdery feel to them. They aren’t powder, but they have a sheen that I don’t really

know how to describe, other than to use that word. They’re loaded with chocolate chips and make an angelic treat.

Mother’s Cookies are based in California. It’s a smaller operation than some of the bigger names in cookies. They make a great product. Like most food products, they’ve had to scale back in some way in order to make their cookies affordable in ...

• this crazy economy. Thus, they’re aren’t as many cookies in each package as there used to be.

Mother’s Chocolate Chip Angel Cookies are a different take on the chocolate chip. It gives us the chips we love, but with that yummy shortbread taste. It’s a wonderful combination.

What remains to be seen as of early 2009 is whether or not these cookies will be gone

and forgotten. Mother’s filed for bankruptcy at the end of 2008, and Kellogg’s has announced it’s going to produce some of the Mother’s varieties, but it’s too early to know whether or not Mother’s Chocolate Chip Angel Cookies is one of those to be saved.

So, if you can get your hands on a package of Mother’s Chocolate Chip Angel Cookies, do it now, while it’s still available.

Eileen Rocha says :

re : They’re called Mother’s Chocolate Chip Angel Cookies, and boy do I love them
    These were literally the most delicious cookies ever. They were my favorite until thy stopped selling them.I wish they would bring them back.

VB Lum says :

I also miss these wonderful cookies. I totally understand what you’re talking about with the sheen on the cookies. I’ve never been able to find a recipe to duplicate them.

Cynthia Pelzer says :

I need these cookies back in my life Best store bought cookie EVER Mothers brand Chocolate Chip Angel Cookies The best.

Cynthia Pelzer says :

Best cookie ever Bring them back

Judy Bristow says :

I’ve never been nor am I now, a big fan of chocolate chip cookies. However, I love Mothers Angel chocolate chip cookies Toll House cannot even come close, in my opinion. Give me a package of these things and I am a happy camper.

quick note by anonymous :

I am 100% with you. I just called Mother’s (Kellogg’s) yesterday and said PLEASE BRING BACK MOTHER’S CHOC CHIP ANGELS. Like you these are my old time favorite cookies ever.. Happy Holidays..

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27504661411030/k2311a045/4.5.09