Ghost Whisperer: Leap of Faith  » TV  »
  • I decided to take a leap of faith tonight and watch Ghost Whisperer
  • Per the producers, fans wouldn't be disappointed

• by Orrymain

I decided to take a leap of faith tonight and watch Ghost Whisperer: Leap of Faith. Up until earlier this year, I was a big fan of the show. I wasn’t always happy with the direction it took (I hated it when Melinda’s best friend was killed off, for example).

The reason I stopped watching, and I did stop watching completely, was that they killed off Jim, Melinda’s husband. I was livid. Now they had an out of sorts — they had Jim leap into a dying man’s body. Okay, this was now going to be the TV version of Heaven

Can Wait (that’s the movie that starred Warren Beatty and Julie Christie, or go further back and it was a big hit with James Mason).

I wasn’t interested. The ending of Heaven Can Wait didn’t thrill me, so why would I want to see it played out on TV?

I never watched another episode after the death one.

Fast forward to this week. David Conrad, who plays Jim, did an interview where he said that this week’s show was pivotal. Per the producers, fans wouldn’t be disappointed. It’s supposed to be huge, as in big time huge, and we’re supposed to be happy with it.

Fine.

• I’ll take a leap of faith and watch it. I want Jim, not a clone of Jim, and not Jim who doesn’t know he’s Jim. So, how did it turn out?

One thing to keep in mind. Conrad had said there were twists, right up until the end, so I made no assumptions until the credits rolled. I’ve been duped before by crazy producers, and I wasn’t going to be duped again.

Was I duped?

Not unless they change things in future episodes. Unlike Heaven Can Wait, the living being is now fully Jim. Of course, there are still a bunch of

questions. Does Melinda marry this ‘Sam’ body? Does Jim get a new line of work, considering everyone thinks he’s dead? Just lots and lots of questions, but I’ll watch the next episode now. Conrad said in his interview that he was promised he wasn’t going anywhere with this new story twist; apparently, this is one time producers kept their word.

Watching Ghost Whisperer: Leap of Faith was a leap of faith, but I took it, and I’m satisfied. They couldn’t resurrect Jim’s body, but as long as they keep it how they have it, I’ll be happy, and I will return to the fold.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10504661271030/k2311a045/4.5.09