Milk Duds  » Food  »
  • They're handy and convenient, tasty and filling

• by Orrymain

Growing up, there were two boxed candies that I adored — Junior Mints and Milk Duds. They were both purchased frequently. Then Milk Duds seemed to disappear. They weren’t around as much. In the last decade, though, they’ve reemerged.

Milk Duds make a great treat because they are small, chewy,

and filling. I can treat myself to a few of these and be satisfied. My chocolate craving has been pleased and I don’t need to keep stuffing my face to feel like I’ve really eaten something.

Milk Duds are a combination of chocolate and caramel. They’re produced by Hershey’s, which is ...

• synomious with quality. However, it is one of the products that used to be made with cocoa butter and was thus labeled as milk chocolate, but now is made with cheaper ingredients. In this case, the change hasn’t affected the taste that much. When I eat a Milk Dud, I’m
        still happy with it. The caramel is such a big part of the overall flavor, that it helps mask the altered taste. Other candies aren’t as lucky, but this one is still doing okay.

In my book, I still love to snack on Milk Duds. They’re handy and convenient, tasty and filling.

Milk Duds

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27504661241030/k2311a045/4.5.09