Robert Wagner  » People  »
  • Robert Wagner is a noted movie and television actor who I've always enjoyed watching
  • He still speaks about Natalie, and I love how he continues to honor her
  • What is amazing about Robert Wagner is that he continues to be relevant
  • He's hosted a number of shows that celebrate the best of motion pictures, which is commendable

• by Orrymain

Robert Wagner is a noted movie and television actor who I’ve always enjoyed watching. Probably the first thing I remember him in was watching his series, “It Takes a Thief”. He was so elegant, handsome, and suave as Alexander Mundy, and I loved watching the character mature over the years it was on, especially when Fred Astaire joined the cast.

Shortly after that show ended, there was an Irwin Allen disaster movie that I just jumped over the moon for. It was called “City Beneath the Sea.” He was the bad guy in that one, but that movie is still one that I adore and love

to watch.

I loved Robert Wagner in “Switch” and then in “Hart to Hart.” He just excelled in any type of role that he played. I wasn’t as fond of “Lime Street” but that show had issues that went beyond television. I actually respect how Wagner handled that situation.

Theatrically, Robert Wagner was in one of my favorite movies, “Titanic,” and that’s not the Kate Winslet version. He was in the classic one with Barbara Stanwyck and Clifton Webb. He was wonderful in it as a college student who fell in love with Stanwyck’s daughter in the movie. Recently, Wagner wrote his autobiography and admitted ...

• that he and Stanwyck had had an affair for quite a while until Stanwyck ended it because of their age split. Somehow, I wasn’t surprised. She was very independent and strong-willed, and he was the serious, intelligent time. Their personalities do go together in spite of their age difference.

Of course, Robert Wagner is probably more closely associated with Natalie Wood. They married, divorced, and married again. They were the epitome of a Hollywood couple in their era, until Natalie’s tragic death. He still speaks about Natalie, and I love how he continues to honor her.

I was just watching an old show called “Celebrity Golf”

from 1960 in which celebrities went head to head with the legendary Sam Sneed. Very few ever defeated the great Snead, but Wagner was one who did.

What is amazing about Robert Wagner is that he continues to be relevant. He hasn’t let himself be stuck back in the 60’s or even the 80’s. He has rolled with the changing times and kept himself working in the process.

Robert Wagner speaks up for what he believes, too, and he promotes the protection of film. He’s hosted a number of shows that celebrate the best of motion pictures, which is commendable. He’s an A in my book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 52504661171030/k2311a045/4.5.09