Betty Crocker Supreme Original Brownie Mix  » Food  »
  • To be honest, I rarely purchase brownie mixes anymore because I tend to get a product that I like better and is simpler to prepare
  • So, I definitely recommend Betty Crocker Supreme Original Brownie Mix, but it is with the awareness that it's really not as special as it was several years back

• by Orrymain

To be honest, I rarely purchase brownie mixes anymore because I tend to get a product that I like better and is simpler to prepare; but when I do buy a mix, it’s usually Betty Crocker Supreme Original Brownie Mix. This is a product that came out many years ago. What made it different back then is that

it included a small can of Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup, the same syrup that is used as an ice cream topping. Nowadays, the Hershey’s chocolate comes in a pouch.

Betty Crocker Supreme Original Brownie Mix is a typical mix, where you need to add in water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix it all together, bake, and then enjoy.

These make great ...

• brownies. However, times have changed in two respects.

First, the pouch of chocolate now included is nowhere near the amount that used to be included. This results in a definite change of taste. It’s still good, but it’s just not as fudge-rich as it used to be, and that’s truly what made this product unique.

Secondly, Hershey’s chocolate is

different in taste now. They’re using a different cocoa than before, and it’s very obvious to me. Again, it’s still chocolate, and good, but not *as* good or as rich as before.

So, I definitely recommend Betty Crocker Supreme Original Brownie Mix, but it is with the awareness that it’s really not as special as it was several years back.

pat sulze says :

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH CHOCOLATE SYRUP IS IN THE POUCH THAT COMES IN THE BROWNIE MIX. I AM TRYING TO MAKE SUPREME MIX OUT OF BETTY CROCKERS REGULAR BROWNIE MIX

Orrymain replies :

HI Pat, I don`t have a box on hand to check for you. I did search online, but couldn`t find the answer. The next time you go shopping, just check the mix aisle and hopefully the box will give the information. I do know that in the beginning, they used a full can of Hershey syrup that was about 8 ounces. Now that they`ve converted to the pouch, I think they`ve reduced that, but again, I just don`t know the exact answer. Good luck

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27504661041030/k2311a045/4.5.09