Hebrew National Beef Franks  » Food  »
  • I know it's not the best stuff, but like the TV lawyer Matlock says, it's a cheap treat and one that is just too economical to pass up when you're on a budget
  • In fact, when on sale, I might choose this over another simply because I know it's supposed to be healthier

• by Orrymain

Hebrew National Beef Franks have been around for a long time, but I’ve never tried them until recently. Frankly (not to be pun-ful here), I really prefer not to think about what is in a hot dog. I know it’s not the best stuff, but like the TV lawyer Matlock says, it’s a cheap treat and one that is just too economical to pass up when you’re on a budget. Plus, it’s a big part of Americana. Picnics, carnivals,

children — and hot dogs. That’s part of life, and though I’m far from my days as a child, I just really don’t want to know the reality of a hot dog.

That said, for the last 20 years or so, I’ve heard a lot of ads on TV and such for Hebrew National Beef Franks, but not until a couple of weeks ago did I buy them. They actually sat in my refrigerator a bit as I got my courage up ...

• to actually eat them. I have no idea what I was expecting. I eat hot dogs all the time, from a variety of places. Who knows — maybe I have had Hebrew National Beef Franks before and just didn’t know it.

Well, Hebrew National Beef Franks are as good as any other hot dog, regardless of the ingredients. I’m still partial to my Ball Park Beef Franks, but there’s nothing wrong with this brand. It’s advertised as having a

‘premium taste’ and being 97% fat free with no by-products, artificial colors or flavors. In truth, they just tasted like another hot dog. I didn’t like it better than Ball Park, nor was it something that made me go, ‘Ewww, never again’. In fact, when on sale, I might choose this over another simply because I know it’s supposed to be healthier.

So, I’m glad I tried Hebrew National Beef Franks, and while it won’t replace Ball Park, I probably will purchase it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27504660620930/k2311a045/4.5.09