The Beast: Hothead  » TV  »
  • We did get another tidbit tonight that actually made me laugh, because I compared it to my favorite science fiction show, Stargate SG-1

• by Orrymain

The latest episode of The Beast, entitled Hothead, had some moments, but it’s suffering a bit from the odd, over-acting of Travis Fimmel, who plays Ellis Dove, the partner of Charles Barker, portrayed by series star Patrick Swayze. There’s just something about Fimmel’s look — it’s a smirk and a cockiness that drives me batty. Granted, his character in this episode was supposed to be overconfident, but it’s his expressions and how he gets in

peoples’ faces that just doesn’t work for me.

Swayze, on the other hand, continues to spellbound. In this episode, we actually get a tiny glimpse of the personal life and the choices he’s made to be doing what he is. What he’s doing is still a mystery.

We did get another tidbit tonight that actually made me laugh, because I compared it to my favorite science fiction show, Stargate SG-1. Essentially, there may be a sort ...

• of rogue group inside of the FBI. That’s what they did on SG-1 for the equivalent of the FBI. It’s where my mind went when I heard the dialog about this circle of FBI agents doing their own thing.

The Beast: Hothead was perhaps the most predictable of the shows so far. I knew early on what was going to happen. A hothead is usually a jerk who needs to get his comeuppance from

the veteran partner, who really does know better. That’s pretty much what happens here. Barker can’t get Dove to listen; he has to save the day.

Even the last bit with Barker and his former lady love. It’s set up to perhaps lead to one assumption, but I knew it would be the other.

Good show, and like the week before, we get more daylight shooting than the gritty nighttime that filled the first episodes of the series.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10504660590930/k2311a045/4.5.09