Mamma Bella Garlic Toast
  • I saw a coupon for this product the other day, so when I went shopping and saw it on the shelf, I decided to give Mamma Bella Garlic Toast a try
  • My problem with that is that I had a hard time separating the pieces of garlic toast
  • Your hands will definitely get messy when you go to take out the slices and heat them

• by Orrymain

One of my all time favorite foods is garlic bread. I’m always on the look out for products to give me an easy answer for that garlic craving. I saw a coupon for this product the other day, so when I went shopping and saw it on the shelf, I decided to give Mamma Bella Garlic Toast

a try.

There are nine slices in a package. All nine are in one plastic bag inside the box, the toast stacked three to a column. My problem with that is that I had a hard time separating the pieces of garlic toast. In fact, a couple of them tore, and that was frustrating.

Each piece of ...

• Mamma Bella Garlic Toast is well coated with the garlic batter, which is made with fresh crushed garlic and margerine. Your hands will definitely get messy when you go to take out the slices and heat them.

I love all the choices for cooking. Clear instructions are given for cooking in an oven, broiling, using a toaster

oven, and even heating on the stove top.

Taste wise, Mamma Bella Garlic Toast was very good. If you eat it piping hot, it will easily tear apart. If you let it cool and settle, the ‘toast’ aspect will kick in and it will be a firmer slice.

I liked Mamma Bella Garlic Toast and will buy it again.

Susan says :

re : I saw a coupon for this product the other day, so when I went shopping and saw it on the shelf, I decided to give Mamma Bella Garlic Toast a try
    Mama Bella’s Texas Toast (not "loaf") has always been our favorite, despite the fact that it can be a little messy (but worth the effort). Complaints about the bread sticking together and tearing can be resolved by letting the bread defrost before placing on baking sheet (we always put it on parchment paper on a baking sheet).

Unfortunately, Mama Bella’s appears to have either been bought out by or rebranded by "New York". So we tried it. While it’s called "Texas Toast," it’s not the same as Mama Bella’s original Texas Toast. True, it’s not as messy, but it’s also not as well seasoned, and the butter-garlic blend does not go all the way through the bread, like Mama Bella’s did. Big disappointment. Apparently, all good things must come to an end.

June Murphy says :

Mammabella’s garlic toast has been steadily going downhill since last summer. Not sure what’s happening there, but there is a noticeable diminishing garlic butter on the slices, lessening the quality of the toast. I will no longer purchase this product, at least until you can improve your process to bring it back to it’s original quality. Extremely disappointed in this product, which used to be a favorite of mine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27504660510930/k2311a045/4.5.09