Jimmy Dean Sausage Biscuits - Snack Size
2.0
  • Unfortunately, opening each small pack of two is a little more difficult
  • These days, I prefer so many of the other Jimmy Dean products

• by Orrymain

One of the very first ‘added-on’ products that Jimmy Dean made (in other words, something other than straight sausage) was their Sausage Biscuits. When I first had them several years ago, I liked them alot. Somewhere along the line, they lost some of their zip, and I stopped buying them. One of my problems was not being able to get them to cook properly.

This week, I gave Jimmy Dean Sausage Biscuits - Snack Size another
      try. While I used to be able to get them in a smaller package, this was actually a box of 16 biscuits. Inside the box are two long strips, two wide, of the sandwiched biscuits. Each strip of two is easily pulled off for use. Unfortunately, opening each small pack of two is a little more difficult. The plastic doesn’t peel away well like it does on other products. I ended up ...

• just using scissors.

Preparation of Jimmy Dean Sausage Biscuits - Snack Size is easy. Just wrap in a paper towel and microwave. They’re done in under a minute for most, or you can oven bake them if you want, though I’ve never done that. I might try it, however, and see if it makes a difference on the taste.

I’m just not in love with Jimmy Dean Sausage Biscuits - Snack Size like I was in the beginning. They taste drier to me, and the sausage is oddly without the zesto that makes Jimmy Dean so good. I don’t get the spiciness that makes it good to eat. It’s just lackluster. Even the biscuits aren’t up to what I remember from when the product was first produced.

These days, I prefer so many of the other Jimmy Dean products. This one just pales. I doubt I’ll buy these again.

Susan Hall says :

My Mother is a diabetic and loves the Jimmy dean Snack size sausage biscuits She has lost 20 lbs and claims that the other brands of bicuits raise her sugar count. I have looked in every store in town and they have quit carrying these biscuits. Where can I get some- it would make a great Mother`s Day gift

Orrymain replies :

HI Susan, What I would do is go to the website. URLs aren`t allowed in these replies, but if you search `jimmy dean products` on google.com, the first listing will be for the jimmydean website. Click on it. At the bottom of the page is the `contact us` page. You have several ways of contacting the company — online form, phone, mail. Let them know the product you`re after and where you live and they`re probably be able to tell you what nearby store is near you. I`ve done that with other products with great success. Good luck

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27504660490930/k2311a045/4.5.09