Top Paw I.D. Tube  » Pets  »
  • The problem is that it just doesn't stay secured

• by Orrymain

Twice now I’ve purchased the Top Paw I.D. Tube for my dogs. It seems like a great idea. The tiny tube comes with a small piece of paper that gives you enough room to write your dog’s name, your name, and a phone number. The paper rolls back up and you simply screw the tube closed and you attach it to the dog’s collar.

This is theoretically great if you’re waiting to get a metal or engraved ID

for your pet, or even if they’ve lost theirs. It could be used as a temporary tag if you’ve just moved, or even if you’re pet is vacationing at a friend’s or other family member’s home. There are a lot of reasons why you might want to use the Top Paw I.D. Tube.

The problem is that it just doesn’t stay secured. I first got this several years ago when I acquired a new dog. It lasted ...

• a couple of days before the bottom part came off. I found it in the yard and reattached it. This time it didn’t even make it two days.

I tried the product again when I got my latest puppy. While it lasted a bit longer (probably because she was normally with us inside the house), it eventually suffered the same fate as the first one — the bottom half disconnected. This is in spite of the fact

that we made sure the tube was very secure.

So, while it’s a great idea and while it’s better than nothing, don’t count on the Top Paw I.D. Tube to answer your needs. It’s truly a temporary device that can unscrew itself from normal outside activity for both puppies and medium-size dogs.

I give the concept a 10, the item including its look, an 8, and the reality of its use a 5, which will average out to a 7 overall.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29504660340830/k2311a045/4.5.09