The Beast: Bitsy Big-Boy Boomeroo  » TV  »
  • Bitsy Big-Boy Boomeroo was an interesting show
  • I like the intrigue, but they need to keep it fresh, and I felt the bit here was a retread more than adding to the story

• by Orrymain

I gotta say from the start that I’m still not sure where the title comes from. Maybe I’ll get it from a second showing. Regardless, The Beast: Bitsy Big-Boy Boomeroo was an interesting show. It had many elements that I liked and a couple that I didn’t.

Patrick Swayze continues to excite as Charles Barker, the FBI agent who may or may not have multiple agendas in what he does. One of the things

I’m liking more is his relationship with Conrad, another agent who gives him assignments. They meet in their cars much of the time; it’s always very on the go, but I realized tonight that it was sort of quirky and that I was liking the connection between the two.

There’s a nice shootout about midway through, one in which Barker’s partner lies to him about not knowing who the assumed bad guys are. It adds some spice ...

• to the ongoing subplot about whether or not Barker is rogue, and whether or not his partner believes him, or the FBI agents who are trying to use him to get evidence on Barker.

While I loved this scene, at the same time it’s probably one of the things that is beginning to get a little old. Specifically, the bit at the end with the partner and the FBI agent who is continually trying to get him

to help out and turn on Barker. It’s just more of what we’ve already heard, and the more the partner gets friendly, willingly or not, with this guy, the more annoying it gets.

I like the intrigue, but they need to keep it fresh, and I felt the bit here was a retread more than adding to the story.

Overall, The Beast: Bitsy Big-Boy Boomeroo was a good episode, even if I still can’t figure out the title.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10504660030830/k2311a045/4.5.09