AT&T Go Phone/Pay As You Go Plan
  • Still, my problem was that I couldn't even afford the phone, let alone a service plan

• by Orrymain

There was a time when I had a regular phone plan like a good majority of people do these days, but circumstances changed for me, and I actually canceled my phone service in its entirety.

The one thing I missed from having a cell phone, though, was the security it brought. There’s nothing like knowing you have a connection to someone else, even if it’s 911, when things go wrong.

Still, my problem was that I couldn’t even afford the phone, let alone a service

plan. When I shopped for options, I wasn’t happy with what I saw. I only needed something basic, a phone that I could use if my car broke down. I didn’t want to pay $30 a month for that coverage, though.

Then I heard about Cingular’s pay as you go plan, which sounded pretty good. I still couldn’t afford the phone, though, so stopped looking. Then AT&T merged with Cingular, and my sister decided to get me the phone for ...

• Christmas.

I love the pay as you go. Unlike some other plans, the minutes do roll over as long as you refill before they expire. That’s important since I rarely use the phone but don’t want my money to go down the drain, either.

There are still a few pricing options based on how often you refill, which is anywhere from 30 days to a full year. That allows some flexibility. Even if and when I reach the maximum amount of roll-over

minutes available, the price I’m paying is under $10 a month, and that’s giving me security I need and want.

They also have an auto-refill option, and that makes it easy and assures that I won’t forget and end up losing my minutes.

There’s nothing skimpy about this service, either. I have internet and email, and all of that, should I choose to use it. I have on occasion, but it’s extremely rare.

I’m all for the AT&T Go Phone plans. They work, and they’re affordable.

tia says :

Yes i was wondering when i get my pay as you go can i get a 522 number or will i have to get a 406 number?

ReadingBug says :

When you go to ATT to sign up for your pay as you go phone, you will be given the same options as a customer who is on a monthly plan. You will be given the choice to either keep your current number or to get a new number. Just be aware that the new number will be based on your current area code.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22504659800730/k2311a045/4.5.09