Stargate SG-1: Line in the Sand  » TV  »
  • It wouldn't be my number one choice for her, canon-wise, but it would have been interesting and closer than some other attempted flings

• by Orrymain

Stargate SG-1: Line in the Sand bugged me in some ways, but then again, that is the norm for season ten episodes. This is the third episode without Michael Shanks. In the show, no one knows what has happened to Daniel for sure. Is he alive or dead? Is he Adria’s prisoner, or what? The thing that bugged me is that everyone is pretty chipper, considering their missing teammate and friend. I’m really sick and tired of Daniel’s absences not really mattering to

those left behind.

Mitchell is still trying to sound like Jack, and that bugs me. Get the man his own unique trademarks. Stop trying to make him Jack. That’s a fallacy of many shows when they replace characters. From the start, Mitchell should have had interests that were unlike Jack, and he should have phrases and such that were not Jack-like. In reality, Mitchell had one line — “That’s what I’m talkin’ about’ — and other than that, he was spouting things that were ...

• normal for Jack. What a shame.

Sam had a better command role in this show. It proved she could do it, but it’s so rare. Most of the time she makes mistakes and choices that just aren’t good for anyone in command.

Sam and Cam show in Stargate SG-1: Line in the Sand that they could have been more than friends easily. They do have a chemistry. It wouldn’t be my number one choice for her, canon-wise, but it would have been interesting and closer

than some other attempted flings.

I also like Vala with her husband. They were good to watch. Had the producers chosen to go this route with her character, life could have been better for most all of us. Tomin is a great character.

So, aside from those things that bug me, Stargate SG-1: Line in the Sand was actually a pretty good show and one I’d watch over at least half of the other season ten entries, and that’s scary, considering that Shanks isn’t in this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10504659470730/k2311a045/4.5.09