NASCAR 2009 Shelby 427 Sprint Cup Race
  • There's definitely an engine parts problem in NASCAR
  • I'm trying to really not think much about either one of these two since I don't like them

• by Orrymain

The NASCAR 2009 Shelby 427 Sprint Cup Race was a caution-filled race that still managed to have some nice surprises. Things I liked or disliked included:

–Italian Max Papis was so happy to be starting his first oval-track race. He’s long been used as a ‘ringer’ for the road races, but yesterday he qualified to start this Las Vegas race, and he was so happy that someone had to remind him to get

out of the car. It’s nice to see that kind of excitement.

–I liked seeing Kurt Busch in the number two spot as the race began, something that was more fun before the race started as for one lap, his brother Kyle had the poll. Engine changes took Kyle to the back of the track for the actual start, though.

–The big bruhahaha at the beginning of the race was would Matt Kenseth win ...

• his third race in a row. That answer came in the first two laps, when his engine blew up. Mark Martin suffered a similar fate, as did others. There’s definitely an engine parts problem in NASCAR.

–Jeff Gordon led seventeen laps which took him to a career total of 20,006 and seventh on the all time list. He had a tire blow late in the race, but still finished the race sixth

and is the Cup points leader after three races.

–Kyle Busch won the race, and I found I really didn’t care. Jimmie Johnson spun out late and ended up 19th. I’m trying to really not think much about either one of these two since I don’t like them. It’s possible Kyle might have grown up a little over the off season, but I’m not sure nor am I ready to get on his bandwagon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 35504659280730/k2311a045/4.5.09