Patriot Xporter XT 4GB Flash Drive  » Hardware  »
  • Luckily, I am rather sure I made the best choice for a replacement
  • I decided to buy a Patriot Xporter XT 4GB Flash Drive of Newegg
  • If you are looking for a new USB flash drive, then this is definitely worth checking out

• by Lanyon

After loosing my Memorex USB drive, it was time to get a new one. Luckily, I am rather sure I made the best choice for a replacement. I decided to buy a Patriot Xporter XT 4GB Flash Drive of Newegg.

com. It truly makes sense that it is a 5x Winner of Customer Choice Award - USB Flash Drives there at Newegg.

For starters, it is blazing fast with a 180X read speed. Really, you’ll notice the difference.

Beyond that, I did not have to format it before using. Right

out of the box it worked seamlessly on the Windows XP and Mac OS X I tried it out on.

In addition, there was no pre-installed software on the drive and I’ve never had to install any. That really separates this drive from the pack.

And in case you’re wondering, they do claim driverless support for Windows ME and better, Mac OS 9+, and Linux with USB storage support. So, it works on practically anything you’d ever plug it into.

For a 4GB capacity drive, the price is competitive ...

• and it looks great. It has a rubberized housing, which makes it water and shock resistant.

I’ve dropped it, thrown it, washed it, and have done just about anything else and it still works perfectly (it has never even gotten scuffed). One little thing that actually makes a big difference to me is that the cap fastens onto the back of the drive.

I always used to have trouble keeping track of my cap on my old Memorex. Besides being an excellent USB drive, it also is compatible with

Windows ReadyBoost.

That is cool, because Vista + ReadyBoost means you can plug in compatible external drives to mimic extra ram. Now for the only con I have encountered, the thick rubber casing makes it impossible to plug it in a USB slot adjacent to another plugged in USB device without an extension.

Other than that, it is a fantastic buy and it even includes a Liftetime limited Manufacturer Warranty for both Parts and Labor. If you are looking for a new USB flash drive, then this is definitely worth checking out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 33504658690630/k2311a045/4.5.09