Ferry sailing from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay  » Cruises/Ferries  »
  • The line up was long, but it moved smoothly and quickly, and there was plenty of seating, so finding seats for the three of us wasn't a problem
  • If you're a smoker, there are areas specially set out on the deck where you can smoke, with ashtrays, but I found it to be quite windy and the stiff breeze had a cold edge to it

• by Angelwhispers30

My partner and I, along with his cousin, recently took the ferry from Tsawwassen, to Swartz Bay on Vancouver Island for a day trip. We took the 9am sailing, and arrived about an hour before the ferry was due to sail. There were quite a few cars in front of us, but in March, you don’t generally need to book in advance, unless you’re sailing on a National or Provincial holiday weekend. The ferry crew members were very quick and efficient at getting all the vehicles onto the ferry in an orderly manner, and before we knew it, we were upstairs and setting sail.

The sail

takes an hour and a half, and so we decided to go and have breakfast in the dining area. The line up was long, but it moved smoothly and quickly, and there was plenty of seating, so finding seats for the three of us wasn’t a problem. I did find breakfast to be a little pricey, but there was plenty of food and it was tasty.

There’s really not a whole lot to do for the duration of the cruise, except sit back and watch the scenery, and the scenery really is quite spectacular. Mountains jut right out of the Pacific Ocean, and as we passed a few ...

• islands, there were some beautiful homes tucked away on them. If you’re a smoker, there are areas specially set out on the deck where you can smoke, with ashtrays, but I found it to be quite windy and the stiff breeze had a cold edge to it. Again, it’s quite early in the year for sailing, and I’m sure as the weather gets warmer, it’ll be much more pleasant.

There is a seating area inside where you can sit in comfort and watch the scenery go by. Again, many seats, so we had no trouble finding seats for us. They were very comfortable with padded seats and

backrests, and the windows are kept exceptionally clean, so we were able to see everything as we sailed by. There’s a TV at the front, and to the right at the front is a kid’s play area with a TV showing cartoons to keep the young ones occupied during the sailing.

When we reached Swartz Bay, the crew members were once again, quick and efficient at getting us all off the ferry, and from there we set off to enjoy the day. All in all, it was a very comfortable sailing and time passed quickly enough for us. I’d sail again in a heartbeat. It was a great experience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4504658680630/k2311a045/4.5.09