Breadsticks from Rocky Rococo

• by Bookwyrm

I eat at Rocky Rococo’s once or twice a week at their downtown location and I love their breadsticks. Every time I eat here it seems that each person in front of me orders them, too. They are very delicious and baked perfectly each time. Not once have I received a bad breadstick, one that was undercooked, overcooked or burnt.

The breadsticks are served inside a paper cup that is very similar to a drink cup. They stand upright in the cup with about two inches of each breadstick poking out over the cup’s rim. This makes them easy to grab and tear apart so you can eat them. One serving of breadsticks is six breadsticks. Not all of the breadsticks are the same width as some are wider than others. This works out OK in the end

as you still receive a full serving of breadsticks.

Each order of breadsticks also comes with a small sealed plastic container of Rocky’s tomato-based dipping sauce. You simply peal the plastic cover off and that’s very easy to do. I really like that the cover prevents the sauce from spilling while you carry your meal to a table to eat. This dipping sauce has a zesty tomato flavor. It is a little bit tangy but not hot. I’m uncertain what spices are in the dipping sauce, but there are clearly no hot peppers or black peppers. It is very similar to spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce in spiciness.

Both the dipping sauce and the breadsticks are served warm. I have never received cold breadsticks from Rocky’s. The breadsticks and sauce are kept warm by a metal shelf that ...

• is between the kitchen and the order-taking area. This metal shelf must be heated in some manner - since I never worked in a fast food restaurant I’m unsure how it’s done. They also keep the pizza slices on it as well, but they are never there very long due to the long but fast moving lines during the lunch hour.

The breadsticks have a light buttery garlic taste. The garlic taste is not overpowering in any way and it does not linger in your mouth. I doubt if you would have to worry about garlic breath from these breadsticks. They are a very light golden brown and have little bits of green leaves (parsley I think) sticking to the top of each breadstick. They are soft and tender yet have a nice bread texture when I bite

into them. I’ve always liked eating bread and rolls; so fresh-baked breadsticks is a nice treat. I always eat them first so they won’t grow cold. Each breadstick is also just the right size to dip into the zesty dipping sauce. Together the two items - breadsticks and dipping sauce - taste very good!

These are a little greasy and my fingers get a light shine to them from eating the breadsticks. Rocky’s always provides a nice little pile of paper napkins and this cleans up my greasy fingers very well.

The breadsticks can be ordered either alone or part of a combo meal. Rocky’s also often hands out coupon books with an order and the books always contain a coupon for breadsticks at a slightly reduced price. I like using the coupons as they save me money on my meal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27304658021130/k2311a043/4.3.09