Supernova (R, 1999) : Why, Angela Why?  » Movies  »
0.5
    • Item: Supernova (R, 1999) movie Location: by: Famous

I have to be honest and mention that I still don’t get the plot to this film. I have no idea why Angela Bassett chose to be a part of this farce.

I

could imagine a more “empty” actress like Vivica Fox playing this role.

Anyway, from what I could tell before falling sleep, or turning off the DVD (whichever one), was that Bassett’s character along with a few other notables (James Spader, Robin Tunney,

• and Lou Diamond Phillips) worked on a rescue spaceship somewhere in the …not so distant future.

There is a bit of frolicking on the ship, that I suppose was included in the script to keep things interesting.

That effort failed

miserably.

The acting was stodgy at best.

I think it takes a certain type of script, and a certain set of actors to really pull off sci-fi spaceship flicks.

This just wasn’t one of them.

Supernova was really unbelievable–literally, unbelievable–and quite horrible.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11250665780230/k2311a0625/6.25.06