Kyowa Sandwich Maker  » Housewares  »
  • What I like about this is that I do not need to have a rectangular bread for this device to work
  • I love that I can experiment with different sandwiches
  • My only regret is not purchasing the larger version since my unit can only make two sandwiches at a time

• by sikat

One useful kitchen gadget that I own is the Kyowa Sandwich Maker. The sandwich maker is a grill-like contraption that heats the sandwich evenly while sealing all four sides of the bread. This assures me that the contents of the sandwich will not spill out in between two slices of bread.

The device does not have an on-off switch. All I have to do is to prepare the sandwiches then place them in the area indicated in the unit. I close the lid

then plug it to the power socket. There is a light on top of the unit which indicates that the unit still heating it up. When the light goes out, it means that my sandwich is ready. In less than three minutes, a sealed, hot and tasty sandwich is ready to eat. What I like about this is that I do not need to have a rectangular bread for this device to work. Bread of varying shapes can be used. Its shape ...

• will still follow the grooves inside. I like that it still continue to heat up the food after it was removed from the power source. One tip in making my sandwich crispier is leaving the sandwich inside for a little while after turning it off. That is my preferred sandwich- crispy and hot.

Clean up is a breeze since the cooking area in pan is coated with Teflon. All I have to do is wipe it clean with a damp cloth and

follow with a dry towel. I love that I can experiment with different sandwiches. My favorite combination is peanut butter and fresh bananas just like what Elvis Presley liked. I also tried peanut butter and jelly or jelly and bananas or apples.

This unit is very durable and portable. I had this for almost ten years now and it is still working well. My only regret is not purchasing the larger version since my unit can only make two sandwiches at a time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53304657571130/k2311a043/4.3.09