Samsung Purple U600
2.0
  • This is a nice looking phone, but I think that may be about it
  • I've had three replacements to this phone since to correct the issue
  • I often get calls cut-off due to a drop in signal, which oddly is not a problem when I put my SIM card into another phone, even on Orange network in the exact same spot

• by endymion

This is a nice looking phone, but I think that may be about it. It’s quite annoying to use. Infact I’m sure I have turned a similar shade of purple on many occasion and barely resisted throwing it across the room.

It just doesn’t always work. Some of this is perhaps down to Orange and their network coverage, but some down to the phone itself.

Before the rant on that, let’s list the plus

points. It does certainly look sleek, and is very slim and light. The 3.2 mega pixel camera is pretty good for day shots, if held nice and still. Erm …. done on that.

Rant: Firstly it kept crashing when I was composing a text message. When I called Orange to report this they said it was a known fault, and Samsung were working on a firmware / software update and I would be ...

• able to receive a new phone eventually. In the mean-time I should ‘turn off predictive’ in order to send a text. I’ve had three replacements to this phone since to correct the issue.

I often get calls cut-off due to a drop in signal, which oddly is not a problem when I put my SIM card into another phone, even on Orange network in the exact same spot.

There is no way

to put the keypad tones on silent / off, you just have to turn the volume to 0, which is all well and good except for the fact that the volume control is on the left hand side of the phone and very easy to occasionally knock.

The touch doesn’t always respond immediately, particularly when accepting or rejecting calls.

The battery life is shorter than my list of plus points.

I would really advise against this phone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 37304656880930/k2311a043/4.3.09