Devil Bones by Kathy Reichs novel
  • It is my opinion Devil Bones , is the best book I've read in several years

• by FKretschmerDunn

In an eight and a half week period, I read fourteen novels, that was a personal record for me. The last novel I read was, “Devil Bones”, by Kathy Reichs. I was so intrigued, by Reichs novel, I read it twice. The primise of the story had me follow every step of the lead character, Temperance Deassee Brennan, a forensic anthropologist. Reichs wrote the novel in first-person, which to my liking made me

feel I was standing with her on a crime scene set on a lakeshore-in my mind I could visually see the headless body of the teenage boy. I could see and smell the rotting flesh as I watched magots feasting on the bodies insides.

With my interest in forensics, Reichs and Temperance gave me a good feel of crime scene investigation. I was with Temperance every step of the way as she linked together ...

• several murders. Reichs also had a way with introducing me to the world of the wiccan-also a new discovery Temperance was exposed to.

Reichs had my nerves up, had me cautiously peering around corners, pinching my nose at the slightest smell, and wanting to learn more about the science involved in forensics. Throughout the story, I was also shown insight to Temperance’s personal struggle.

Reichs did an excellent job rounding out her lead character

and all of the characters in her circle,working to solve the string of murders. Reichs made me feel a wide range of emotions: sympathy, a profound sense of rightiousness, sadness of loss, the hair-raising fear, and triumph in the climax of her personal struggle, and the ties behind the murders-that was a total surprise, that I wouldn’t have guessed. It is my opinion “Devil Bones”, is the best book I’ve read in several years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17204656121230/k2311a042/4.2.09