Sony Playstation 3  » Games  »
  • I've thoroughly enjoyed having all my music, pictures, movies, and games in one place
  • I enjoy every second of its use, even if I wished I could do so about ten degrees cooler

• by RedEyedFacade

I purchased the Sony Playstation 3 the day it launched in North America. While it has lived up to my expectations, I have had my fair share of issues with it.

First of all, as a media hub, it is fantastic. The DVD and BD playback is crisp, and has not skipped one time in the 2+ years I’ve owned it. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed having all my music, pictures, movies, and games in one place. After hooking up an external hard drive, I have enough

space for nearly all of my digital media.

Gaming on this console has been every bit what I had hoped. While I can’t say it holds too many obvious advantages over its competitors, I can say that it certainly lives up to the hype. The machine handles even the toughest of processing needs with relative ease, and games rarely bog down, or freeze. Though, the few times when a game has frozen for me were incredibly frustrating, as the Playstation 3 does not make it entirely easy to restart the entire system, and you run the risk of corrupting your game data. Luckily for me, this has yet to happen.

The video and sound quality is immaculate. After a few hours of tedious tinkering with TV and Playstation 3 settings, I finally managed to find the settings that were right for me. While this process could have been more streamlined, the end results were worth the work. What frustrated me, though, was that the system does not come with composite ...

• Sony Playstation 3
      or HDMI cables, forcing you to buy them yourself if you want high definition video and sound. Considering the HDMI cable I was forced to buy on my own ran me nearly fifty dollars, this caused a great deal of frustration.

Though the machine is great, I have come across a few issues. One of these issues was a strange freeze that resulted in me having to reformat my hard drive, and losing everything I had saved on it. This was one of the most

frustrating moments I’ve ever had in regards to an electronic device, and lead to me making a rather forward call to Sony customer service. Also, the Playstation 3 produces an incredible amount of heat. In a small room, without air conditioning, this makes for an uncomfortable amount of heat.

Despite the issues I’ve has with it, the Sony Playstation 3 has lived up to my expectations. I enjoy every second of its use, even if I wished I could do so about ten degrees cooler.

Sony Playstation 3

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28204656011230/k2311a042/4.2.09