HP Deskjet F380  » Electronics  »
  • I notice that the copier's default setting is the best quality printout which consumes too much ink

• by sikat

I have long wanted to buy a scanner and printer. Having both machines in my workstation requires ample space so I opted for a multifunction printer. My favorite computer ship does not have the brand and model that I originally wanted so I ended up with this unit.

The unit is a printer, scanner and copier in one. The size is just right

and it is compact. The printer is an inkjet type so there are two cartridges it carries- one for colored and one for black. I have used the printer several times and I must say that it is a good printer. I’m not a heavy user in terms of printing so I only use up two cartridges a year. To further save ...

• on ink, I used the option for economy mode. The quality of the printout is really good. The difference between economy mode and the ‘best quality’ option is unnoticeable.

The scanner is mediocre. I wanted a scanner so that I could convert my old photographs into digital format. The output of the scanner is not that good. I can see visible streaks in

my scanned photos. I was disappointed.

For the copier, I seldom use this function. I notice that the copier’s default setting is the best quality printout which consumes too much ink. It is not worth it. Bringing the document to a copy store is so much cheaper. I’d rather use that option.

Aesthetically, the printer looks good. However, I was only happy with printer functions.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16204655901230/k2311a042/4.2.09