Cordovan ( For Men ) by Banana Republic cologne  » Perfume  »
2.0
  • I love the minimalist appeal of the package
  • Though I like the packaging and the concept, I was frustrated with the final stage of the scent

• by ibizaspain

If you are looking for a masculine appeal, both in the physical aspect and the composition, Cordovan is the perfect choice. But let me lay down my opinion on this fragrance.

The packaging is very illusory. It has a wood like box. The whole concept was drawn from the common notion of classic masculinity.

The bottle was very impressive too. It looked like a chic interior of a

posh condo unit. The upper portion of the bottle was brown. The cover was metal and the bottle was basic brown too. I love the minimalist appeal of the package. It was provoking and yes it conveyed something for me. I also like the inspiration of this scent. One of the notes can closely be associated with the male gender too.

The scent starts with a woody snif.

• The presence of fig leaf, nutmeg and leather was responsible for this. As you can see, leather was one of the notes to illustrate the extreme masculine delight. Then the fragrance transforms to a sweet phase because of lavender, iris and bergamot. Here, the scent is moderated by a fresh start from the previously mentioned notes. It then rests on notes of vetiver and juniper sustaining the
        genuine masculine character.

Though I like the packaging and the concept, I was frustrated with the final stage of the scent. I was left unappreciative of the whole cocktail.What I was looking for was not delivered. I was hoping that the scent could rest on something upbeat rather than a very pedestrian male tone. My opinion is Cordovan is nothing special. It just makes you fresh and thats it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 56104655880730/k2311a041/4.1.09