Canon Pixma MP500
  • One feature I like is its color LCD display on the front of it
  • I had it fixed once, but as soon as I replaced the cartridge, this problem reoccurred
  • I would recommend it to those who don't want to spend a ton on a printer, but still desire style and basic functionality

• by Lanyon

This printer has its ups and its downs. I like the way the printer looks. It is a glossy black with silver accents.

It is fairly compact considering it is a printer, scanner, and copier all in one. One feature I like is its color LCD display on the front of it.

This makes the printer easier to operate and it looks cool. One

thing that can be kind of annoying is that there is a tray that must be opened prior to printing.

However, I suppose there’s nothing against always leaving the tray open. Also, the paper capacity is not very large, so you may find yourself having to refill the paper often depending on how much you print.

The print quality is so-so. Recently, I have ...

• been experiencing problems with the printing.

Every centimeter or so there is a line that goes across whatever I am printing. I had it fixed once, but as soon as I replaced the cartridge, this problem reoccurred.

So, perhaps it is just the cartridge’s fault. However, that is equally as disappointing as the ink is Canon brand.

Some things that I like are its

PictBridge compatibility, which enables it to be connected right into PictBridge enabled cameras for direct print jobs. Also, it has separate color cartridges and a black ink cartridge.

All in all, the printer does its job, but it doesn’t pass with flying colors. I would recommend it to those who don’t want to spend a ton on a printer, but still desire style and basic functionality.

Canon Pixma MP500

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16104655840730/k2311a041/4.1.09