Inbound call center agent for ICT Marketing Services, Inc.  » Job  »
  • Yes, it has been a rewarding but tedious experience
  • It was around September 2007 when I decided to try my hands on being a call center agent
  • For the past few years, a call center job has been the best job out there because the salary and the benefits are really great
  • I'm not nocturnal, unlike some people I know, so the graveyard shift did not really suit me at all
  • Unfortunately, by the end of January, I had lost so much weight and got sick that I visit the office clinic regularly until such time that I needed to resign or else my health will suffer more

• by rycemix

For four months, I have experienced how hard it is to work as an inbound call center agent for ICT Marketing Services, Incorporated. Yes, it has been a rewarding but tedious experience.

It was around September 2007 when I decided to try my hands on being a call center agent. For the past few years, a call center job has been the best job out there because the salary and the benefits are really great. I passed the written exam and the interview, and by October I was already training for the job. The training lasted about a month, wherein they taught us what we need to know about updating accounts and learning what we need to

do and not to do, especially since we are dealing with foreigners. We were taught the basics of American English and about the cars that our account handles. So that when the customers call in, we would be able to understand each other and help them out.

There were a number of reasons why I only lasted for four months in this kind of job. The first of which is the graveyard shift, which really messed up my body clock. I really had a hard time staying up all night till morning to answer calls and then sleep all day once I arrive home. We have to have the graveyard shift because we had to be awake ...

• the same time our customers in America are awake. And it is also because of this graveyard shift that my health suffered. I had lost a lot of weight because of it. I’m not nocturnal, unlike some people I know, so the graveyard shift did not really suit me at all. Another reason why I didn’t last long in this job is the location of the branch office I’m assigned to. I had a hard time leaving home at around 9 o’clock in the evening and then ride a bus, a couple of jeepneys and the MRT train every single night to make it to the office before our shift starts.

This kind of job demands a

lot: your health (if you’re not used to working during the night, like me), your time for sleep, family, and social activities, your patience, and many other things. The only good thing about this job is, of course, the salary, which is enough for me to be able to enroll myself for college. Unfortunately, by the end of January, I had lost so much weight and got sick that I visit the office clinic regularly until such time that I needed to resign or else my health will suffer more. By February 2008, I resigned.

This job, although rewarding when it comes to the salary, really didn’t suit what my body wants and what I really want as a career.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6104655770730/k2311a041/4.1.09